[Tweeters] Whimbrels on Whidbey Island 4/29

amy schillinger schillingera at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 23:38:10 PDT 2012

Tweeters, Went to hike areas around Deception Pass and Whidbey Island today. Breeding plumage Common Loons, Eared Grebes, and Red-necked Grebes were present. Later at Joseph Whidbey State Park just after sunset were 8 Whimbrels. I noted the prominent crown and eye stripes. They flew right in next to us and occasionally flew back and forth up and down the beach feeding and preening. I got a short recording of some call notes as they were flying back and forth as well as some extremely crappy photos. Amy SchillingerRenton WAschillingera at hotmail.com