[Tweeters] RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER Hood Park, WWCo.

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Sat Feb 4 18:40:49 PST 2012

Hello all,
After spending most of the day in Benton Co. enjoying 2 Snowy Owls (one birder reported seeing 6 yesterday) and FINALLY finding our county Eurasian Collared-Dove we stopped at Hood Park on the way home - and there in the Yellow Pine that has hosted sapsuckers in the past (including Yellow-bellied) was a RB Sapsucker - only the 3rd record for WWCo.
In the cornfields across from Casey pond were about 2000 geese with 200+ Snow Geese mixed in - they're back!
Was really nice to spend the day in sunshine as it was very foggy in WW when we left home this am and again now.
Later, M&M
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the beautiful Walla Walla Valley

"If you haven't birded, you haven't lived"