[Tweeters] Spinning Shoveler

Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 16:23:39 PST 2012

Cricket,

Pretty common feeding technique for shovelers.  They do it to stir up whatever is in the water.  It's a real treat to see them at Ft. Steilicoom Park this time of year; some circling in pairs, and some groups of 15 or more, looking for all the world like kids on a merry-go-round. Good observation.

-Rolan

Rolan Nelson
Fircrest, WA
rnbuffle at yahoo.com