[Tweeters] Tufted Duck Pictures

collin vassallo norrisbigelow at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 18:22:15 PST 2012

Hello everyone!

It was a beautiful day at the fill and I couldn't of asked for more.  I was only scanning the water for about 15 minutes or so when the TUFTED DUCK came around the corner on the East side.  He was no further than 10-15 yards!  It was such an incredible view of this bird, probably a once in a life time look.  I was able to watch him for a little while with about 5 other people around around 4:00pm.

I spent the remainder of the time at the Fill with Woody Wheeler and we must of had a good 45+ species on the day.  The highlights were:

Tufted Duck- very close in!
Canvasback- a good dozen at least
Redhead- I'd say about 6 or 7 visible
Barrow's Goldeneye- very reliable, right of the bridge over the slough
Eurasian Wigeon- 3 individuals
Northern Pintail- 5 or so along the bank
Sharp-Shined Hawk- perched and was very calm

All in all it was a spectacular day!  Here is my Flickr link with updated pictures of the TUFTED DUCK from today 2/6/12.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9654794@N06/

Happy birding,

Collin Vassallo