[Tweeters] Photo Ops Help: Long Tailed Duck and Pileated Woodpecker

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Wed Feb 8 07:27:25 PST 2012

Tweeters is without doubt my "go to site" for
recent news, thoughtful reflections, and up to the
minute sightings in the area. I always read it
first thing in the morning right after checking
general email and I come back often during the
day. A much appreciated resource and community
where I try to give something back but certainly
receive far more than I can give. With that
foundation, I am asking for
help/guidance/suggestions today regarding two
"nemesis" birds. I am trying to document with
reasonably decent photos (I have a high
magnification but not extremely high quality
mega-dollar camera) the birds that I have seen.
Two birds that I have seen fairly often but not so
much recently and not well enough to get what I
would consider decent pictures are the Long Tailed
Duck and the Pileated Woodpecker. I will have
some free time over the next few weeks where I
would be able to go out not just "to bird" but
specifically to fill in some of the photo gaps and
would love to add these two to the catalog.
Recognizing that there are no guarantees, I would
greatly appreciate any SPECIFIC guidance as to
some some of your favorite more reliable spots
where the chances of good photos of these birds
might be likely - either posted here or to my
email. Thanks everyone.