[Tweeters] seeking advice: passes to WA public lands

Pete Fahey peterfahey at comcast.net
Thu Feb 9 17:24:37 PST 2012

The new (2011) Washington State Discovery Pass works for all State Parks,
and Dept of Fish and Wildlife sites. $30.00 at the Park, $35 via mail, with
your Driver's License, and at sporting goods shops. I've never gone
anywhere that it doesn't work..yet!

The federal Senior Pass is good at all National Parks, National Monuments,
Bureau of Land management sites, National Forests, etc. Parks are free as
are many other sites, however, some places that do charge (BLM sites with a
fishing lake, for instance) offer a 50% discount to seniors. Again, I've
never been anywhere that I couldn't at least get a discount.

I have never found need for anything else for the places that I go birding.

Cheers,

Pete Fahey

Snoqualmie, WA