[Tweeters] Intestines

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 17:52:01 PST 2012

Linda, at least some mammalian carnivores are known to shun herbivore guts full of plant material. You'd think they would just strip it out, but they don't. I wonder if this might be the case with some raptors also. I'll admit I don't recall which species show this or if it's an individual rather than species trait. Perhaps it even depends on whether the gut was full of material or not. And this shouldn't apply to the liver.
-----
Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.
Seattle, WA 98115