[Tweeters] McKAY'S BUNTINGS FEATHERS found on Damon Point!!!!!!!!

Ruth Sullivan godwit513 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 09:14:10 PST 2012

Hello Tweeters,
I was one of the few birders who came early to find the McKays Bunting.It is
a long way to the end of the strip with all you equipment.On the end where
all the many footprint where,I found between logs lot's and lots of small
snow white feathers.mixes with larger FEATHERS IN A PATTERN,WHAT LOOKS LIKE
scapulars beyond the Neck.This was all in the same area where Birders was
looking for this bird,close to the heavy vegetation.There was a Peregrine
Falcon & a Bald eagle hunting this area.
GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE MANY BIRDERS WHO WAS COMING FOR THE SNOWY OWLS (and
there was many)
even in the late afternoon.Amazing every one birders respected the Owls.Also
I think that the owls got used to the birders and did not disturb them in
any way.The King Eider was seen by many and also on the end there where many
Horned Larks.
I am going to go if possible by Dennis to examine the feathers what I
selected ,when I come back from the Okanagon and Waterville Plateau with
Shep Thorp.

Cheers Ruth Sullivan