[Tweeters] Snowies, Short-eareds, and more

Marc Hoffman tweeters at dartfrogmedia.com
Sat Feb 18 23:30:20 PST 2012

Hello tweets,

I had a great time viewing the 20+ Snowy Owls at Boundary Bay last
Wednesday. Ironically, they were less active at midday than the 3
Short-eared Owls that perched and flew within 50 feet of the trail.
Lots of other birds there and on my return trip through the Skagit.
In one tree I saw 8 Bald Eagles (a ninth was two trees down). Also
had a Ring-necked Pheasant fly across the road just a few yards in
front of me (my photo is just a bit blurry but still very pretty).

I've posted a blog (with a link to a number of photos from the trip) here:
http://songbirdphoto.com/wordpress/?p=379

Marc Hoffman
Kirkland, WA
http://www.SongbirdPhoto.com
mailto: tweeters at dartfrogmedia dot com