[Tweeters] Birding North Carolina to Florida

Teri J Pieper tjpieper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 09:42:09 PST 2012

We are going to drive from Northern Virginia to Sanibel Island the first
week of April and then spending a week at Sanibel. It will be all new places
for me so I am excited about the birding. Any recommendations on 'must see'
places and birds? Also - the route. I lean towards going down the Outer
Banks but others say that will take too long and the mountain route would be
preferable. Also, tips on the best guide books? I have downloaded the south
Florida Birding Trail guide. It looks like a fabulous resource.

Please reply off list.

Thanks much

Teri J Pieper, Methow Valley