[Tweeters] Impact of Snow on Feeder Activity?

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Wed Jan 18 12:45:04 PST 2012

My neighbor has a feeder that I have watched
sporadically over the past couple of months. Seed
only. The only observed visitors have been
primarily house finches, dark eyed juncoes, black
capped chickadees and gold finches. Occasionally
there have been some siskins. With the snow,
there has been an explosive increase in both
activity at the feeder including a substantial
increase in the number of birds and also the
number of species. To the foregoing list, today
added both song and white crowned sparrows,
starlings, and a flicker. Has anyone else noted
an impact of the snow on their feeders?