[Tweeters] Redpoll!

Ashley Jensen smashley_138 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 19:36:06 PST 2012

I saw a Common Redpoll at my feeder today! I live at an rv park in the forest right outside Monroe, and we have been getting large flocks of pine siskins at our feeder. Today I was walking out the door, and I saw what appeared to be a dull Siskin on the ground and as I started to turn I saw a flash of red. I looked closer and it was clearly a redpoll. This is a lifer for me and was very exciting. I don't know how frequently people have been seeing them here but range maps show them to be rare here. If I see her again or if I see more, I will post a picture.
Ashley