[Tweeters] RE: Bird-finding guides (was: Field guide needs)

Grace & Ollie grace.ollie at frontier.com
Fri Mar 2 18:07:59 PST 2012

I'm enjoying this thread. I don't believe I have seen the Pettingill

One bird finding guide that covers all 50 US states and all Canada
provinces/territories 'briefly' is "National Wildlife Federation Where The
Birds Are The 100 Best Birdwatching Spots in North America". Now 100 spots
is pretty small number and many states/provinces/territories have only 1
spot in the book. Book is about 350 pages and a bit larger than a small
field guide. It was published 2001.

Grace Oliver

Redmond, WA