[Tweeters] Fox or Song

Mechejmch mechejmch at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 13:01:50 PST 2012

SOSP.

Joe Meche
Bellingham

-----Original Message-----
From: cgluckman <cgluckman at aol.com>
To: tweeters <tweeters at u.washington.edu>
Sent: Sun, Mar 4, 2012 9:26 am
Subject: [Tweeters] Fox or Song

Every year around this time I run into confusing sparrows that should be easy to figure out, but don't seem to fit a mold I'm used to. Usually it's misidentifying Song Sparrows. This year I photographed a bird off the dike at Rawlins Rd. game range in Skagit that looks very much like a Taiga Fox Sparrow, very different from the usual dark spotted version we see here on the Peninsula. In sending it around to my various enablers I got mixed reports so I've decided to get more. If you wish to add your two cents please check out the image at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37079820@N07/ ;

and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

David Gluckman
811 22nd St.
Pt. Townsend, WA 98368
360 379-0360

ttp://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/tweeters