[Tweeters] Odd Canadian Goose Behavior in the Sammamish Slough

Keith Unterschute seakeithrun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:27:35 PST 2012

My wife and I were birding by kayak as we paddled up the Sammamish Slough
out of Kenmore yesterday. Near the Bothell Landing we saw a flock of about
25 Canadian Geese flapping around in the water. Several of the geese were
diving from a floating position into the slough and completing submerging
themselves for 10 to 15 seconds. Others would turn over onto their backs and
flap around. We had never seen Canadian Geese do this before. It was quite
an amazing site. Keith and Nif