[Tweeters] Bucket List

jeff gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Tue Mar 6 10:28:32 PST 2012

I've always thought the notion of the 'Bucket List' somewhat goofy. I guess it's the idea of people rushing all over the place trying to 'get that list' that seems a bit forced, or 'pushing the river' as some might say. Whatever.

As for me, I have my own notion of Bucket List. Since I'm cheap, and the contemplative type, I'm trying to make my list easily doable. Like last week I got the notion that I'd really like to hear a Robin sing. Of course around here Robins sort of toodle away all winter during warm spells, but I had the idea of hearing one full of spring sap, really belting out that song. And last Wednesday I awoke to a Robin singing just outside the bedroom window at dawn. It was great - I could hear every note! If I ever get so jaded as not to love Robin song I'll be fit to kick the bucket.

"For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause:'

William Shakespeare

Well give me the pause in a Robins song to dream about, along with all the other notes ! Appreciating them in the present moment will help me with that dream later I'm sure. Although death is interesting (and my current retirement plan) I'd like to stick around awhile. Next on my Bucket List: a really big chorus of Pacific Chorus Frogs. I heard some last year, but not this year yet. Looks real doable.

Jeff Gibson
still atop the lawn (with the Robins)
in Everett Wa