[Tweeters] Swans & Raptors - Enumclaw Plateau

Aquila Chrysaetos ladyhawk707 at msn.com
Tue Mar 6 19:50:55 PST 2012

Tweeters,
Today we had a mature male Northern Harrier and a Kestrel over the yard before we took a short birding drive around the plateau. On the ride we counted 58 Bald Eagles and 4 Red-tailed Hawks.
We also found 45 (presumed) Trumpeter Swans along with the BLACK SWAN that was first reported on Tweeters (through Carol Schultz) in February 2011 as being near the Van Dam dairy. Last winter we had located the Black Swan a few miles away from that dairy with his wild swan flock. Today, on our second attempt this winter to find him, we were pleasantly surprised to find that he must have survived migration and returned to his previous wintering grounds, in fact to the same field where he was first reported.
Sandy Daniels, Enumclaw Plateau
Ladyhawk707 AT msn DOT com