[Tweeters] Sick Pine Siskins

Ashley Jensen smashley_138 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 16:37:45 PDT 2012

I saw the earlier posts about lethargic and sick pine Siskins. I have one such bird hanging out on my feeders. I found out that the rehab center has been testing some of these sick birds coming in, and the most common result is Salmonella. It is highly contagious and if there is a sick Siskin on your feeders you should bring it to a rehab center and then thoroughly clean your feeders with a bleach solution. This is very sad, and I'm hoping not to see any more sick Siskins!

Ashley