[Tweeters] Queen Anne Jays and Birding

Collin Vassallo norrisbigelow at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 19:23:58 PDT 2012

Yes the Western Scrub-Jays are a regular on Queen Anne. I have seen them consistently on the hill since 2006. Bhy Kracke park is a little hidden park off of Bigelow street, that's where I've seen them most. Beautiful birds.

There's been over 80 species I've seen on the hill since 2006. Queen Anne can be surprisingly productive especially in migration. Some highlights have been Solitaires, Nashville Warblers, Crossbills, several Vireos species, Swainson's Hawks will pass over, plenty of Tanagers, both Grosbeaks, White-throated Sparrow, Eurasian Collard-Doves.... Just a nice variety of birds will come through Queen Anne. I'm always looking for birders in the neighborhood! Feel free to bird with me sometime.

Collin Vassallo
norrisbigelow at yahoo.com