[Tweeters] Willow Grove Red-shouldered Hawk

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:06:09 PDT 2012

Hi Tweeters,

I'd received a personal communication that the RED-SHOULDERED HAWK was seen
in late February out at Willow Grove west of Longview, but couldn't get out
there until today (3/16/12) when I found it sitting in the open on the
overhead wires across from Willow Grove Park. This bird had been a no-show
from mid-December until these sightings as far as I'm aware.

Also of interest today elsewhere in Cowlitz County there was a lone RUDDY
DUCK in the Longview Sewage Ponds. The bubblers have been removed as they
discontinue using this site. I haven't heard what the fate will be of the
spot. I stopped at city hall on my way home, but they're closed Fridays.
Also there was a GRAY JAY along Tower Road which is considerably lower than
I usually find them.
Silver Lake and Canal Road were swarming with VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS and
TREE SWALLOWS.
There was a singing HUTTON'S VIREO at the intersection of Imboden and
Miekler Roads.

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA
russkopeATgmailDOTcom