[Tweeters] Western Screech Owl?/eBird plea

Nigel Ball nigelj.ball at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 11:38:36 PDT 2012

I would second the characterization of ebird as 'extraordinary' and also to
acknowledge the significant and valuable work of those who monitor and help
keep it clean.

I have a procedural question regarding playing owl sounds in the strict
context of the amateur owler: Damaging or public service for documentation?
Even more basically, does playback even induce a response? How often?

Please note that I'm not after a discussion of playback in general but just
this specific context!

Thanks,

Nigel Ball
Bainbridge