[Tweeters] hummingbird rehabbers in Seattle?

creinsch at humbirds.org creinsch at humbirds.org
Tue Mar 20 08:01:04 PDT 2012

Are there any hummingbird rehabbers in the Seattle area? We have an Anna's in the yard with an injured beak and distended tongue. Otherwise he (immature male) appears healthy and fiesty enough to defend a feeder. Also, we would need a bander with a trap to capture.

On the other hand, based on Humnet correspondents, the injury may not be life threatening, so a major rescue effort may not be necessary. Dan Harville or Mark Meyers, any thoughts on this?

chuck reinsch
magnolia, seattle, wa