[Tweeters] Common Redpolls still at Sequim.

bruce paige BBPaige at nikola.com
Wed Mar 21 18:15:04 PDT 2012

At 3 PM there were at least 9 Common Redpolls near the old Dungeness Schoolhouse foraging high in cottonwoods/alders along with Pine Siskins, Ruby-crowned and Golden-crowned Kinglets, and Chestnut-backed Chickadees. The redpolls were well seen, including at least 4 males.

Also in the vicinity was a calling Virginia Rail.

A hiker in the same area reported being followed a short distance by a cougar while I was close by. Wildlife person or not, not sure weather I am sorry or glad to have missed it!

Bruce Paige
spruceak at yahoo.com
Sequim, WA