[Tweeters] Peregrine falcon at Lake Washington

Minette Layne minette.layne at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 20:15:51 PDT 2012

Hi Tweeters,

I'm not sure if this is surprising or interesting news, particularly, but
today at approximately 5:45 P.M. a Peregrine falcon was sitting in the
branches of the bare trees immediately north of the eastern high rise of 520
(Lake Washington, Kirkland side).

I saw what I thought was a falcon there on Sunday, and made my passenger
very nervous by craning my head around to try to see it. But the car was
moving too fast and I didn't make a positive ID. Today I was sitting on the
bus and was able to clearly and definitely confirm that it was a Peregrine.
Yay!

--Minette