[Tweeters] "Winter" Shorebirds

Cindy Ashy tunicate89 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 16:10:49 PDT 2012

Thank you for the info. I did not see yellowlegs in Birch Bay this winter or hear anyone else report them. And... they showed up just one day after someone saw them near Portland, Or.

Regarding Semiahmoo Spit, I don't think I've been there without seeing at least one Black Oystercatcher and some Dunlin so a pretty reliable spot.... usually a Sanderling too if you hunt and/or wait around. Marine Drive in Blaine is also good for Dunlin.

I've been watching the cutest little pair of Killdeer for a couple of weeks off and on that seem to be hunting for the perfect nesting spot on a grassy place between Birch Bay and the canal. I'm hoping for chicks with the punk doo :-)

Cindy Ashy