[Tweeters] first bird of 2013

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 02:30:29 PST 2013

hello tweeties,

my first bird in 2013 was the same as last year's first bird: carrion
crow, Corvus corone corone. several hundreds of these birds fly over
my crib on their way to and fro their evening roost. this is a
disjunct population from the eastern carrion crow, C. c. orientalis,
which may be elevated to full species status at some point in the
future. (this would give me another "tick" on my species list since i
saw many eastern carrion crows whilst living in tokyo.)

the second bird species i saw this year was also the same as last
year's second bird: Eurasian (common) magpie, Pica pica.

hope you all have a happy and productive new year,

--
GrrlScientist
Devorah Bennu, PhD
birdologist at gmail.com
http://gplus.to/grrlscientist
http://www.grrlscientist.net/
http://twitter.com/GrrlScientist
http://www.guardian.co.uk/grrlscientist
http://www.scilogs.com/maniraptora/
The most valuable service you can perform is to think independently