[Tweeters] Everett Burrowing Bowl

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 23:50:43 PST 2013

While I was there Wednesday around noon, a Port of Everett employee told us she had closed the gate nearest the owl to discourage people from driving right up to the spot, like I saw one bird photographer do.   I don't think he was the one that scared the owl away, for we had been told earlier that it had not been seen that morning.

If the owl is still present, I wonder of the Port would be amenable to fencing off a perimeter with "crime/accident" scene tape to discourage too close an approach by people.    The area is near a public walkway and I'm sure that most people using it are probably unaware of the presence of the owl.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA