[Tweeters] Glaucous Gulls

notcalm at comcast.net notcalm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 02:49:24 PST 2013

Greetings fellow Tweeters,

Last week, I found and filmed three Glaucous Gulls at Ocean Shores in a very short period of time: one first cycle (dark eyes with expected bill and leg coloration) and two second cycle (light yellowish eyes and bleached almost white with expected bill and leg coloration ). These were not young, bleached Westerns or Glaucous-winged gulls. This is my favorite gull species and I have never before seen more than one in any one location. Pretty neat.

I checked with a friend at OS, two were seen on the Christmas Bird Count day, but they have not been seen recently.

Best regards and Happy New Year,
Dan Reiff