[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2013-01-10

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jan 10 15:23:31 PST 2013

Tweets – Not the greatest weather in the world, but not bad. Fog pre-dawn, really quite nice from about 7:30-9:30, then turning dark and chilly with traces of drizzle and a sapping breeze occasionally. But temps were above freezing (barely), the wind often abated, and the precipitation didn’t even make viewing difficult except for the flat light. It was birdy sometimes and quiet others, but it made for a good day in all.

Highlights:

Wood Duck Pair near mouth of slough
Western Grebe Two out on lake
Northern Harrier Nice male flew over Pea Patch
Sharp-shinned Hawk One at Rowing Club
Cooper’s Hawk Same bird as last week
MERLIN On cottonwood in Snag Row
Virginia Rail Again, heard east of East Meadow
Mew Gull Hundreds swirling overhead
Barn Owl At least one, just after 7, Viewing Mound
Northern Shrike Three sightings, but probably same bird
Red Crossbills Mansion area, Rowing Club, 50+?
Pine Siskin Only ONE!

We also had 3-4 COYOTES, before 8:00, and 3 RIVER OTTERS at the lake.

For the day, 59 species! For 2013, we’re at 67 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com