[Tweeters] Hitler Dips on Hoary Redpoll

Gary casacummins at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 16:44:05 PST 2013

I thought the piece was funny but agree that some things should not be joked about. However,  when I laughed about this, I was of course laughing at those very serious, obsessive birders we've all heard about...similar to the film, "Big Year." The thought of a monster like Hitler being concerned about his life list was too absurd to take seriously.  I like to think of birders as an extended community, and a community that can't laugh at itself occasionally is at risk of becoming dysfunctional.
While I find the songs of birds the sweetest sound in nature, human laughter is a close second.  So long as Tweeters is not in danger of becoming an online "Saturday Night Live," enjoy the piece, laugh, and move on the serious business of enjoying (and hopefully, protecting) birds of all feathers.

Gary Cummins
Port Townsend
g.cummins40 at gmail.com