[Tweeters] midwinter warbler

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Sat Jan 12 20:47:13 PST 2013

Tweeters,
I've had Yellow-rumped Warblers through the winter here at Roy since 2005. This is the first year, however, that we've had more than one: we had up to three from late October through the end of November, and two every day since then. Both feed at the suet feeders at the front and north side of the house. I did hear a YRWA at the area out back this afternoon, but I couldn't be certain it wasn't one of the "usual" two.

The warblers compete with the nuthatches, chickadees, woodpeckers, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, and juncos that feed on "regular" suet cakes. I have six suet feeders set up - the three double-cake feeders (in cages) get the most traffic.

May all your birds be identified,
Denis DeSilvis

Sent from my Windows Phone