[Tweeters] Thick-billed Murre and Orcas at Ediz Hook.

Chris Warlow christopherwarlow at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 20:28:01 PST 2013

Today, Sunday 13th, Joe Dlugo and I relocated the THICK-BILLED MURRE. I had been looking near the pilot boats by the coast guard base. Totally wrong! Luckily a local boater told us he had seen what he thought was the murre far to the west between the log booms and Boat Haven. We found it there close to but not with a large raft of WESTERN GREBES.

Other highlights were orcas (far out towards Victoria), MARBLED MURRELETS (in harbor), LONG-TAILED DUCKS (close in on outside of hook), BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS (Boat Haven).

A beautiful day and lots of wonderful sightings in almost still waters.

Chris Warlow
Olympia