[Tweeters] Say's Phoebe?

Brenda Burnett beaknbird at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:57:41 PST 2013

Thank you to all who answered my question about the loons I saw at Deception Pass! Apparently they were Red-throated Loons (I'm thrilled!).

On the same day, in a yard on Double Bluff Rd., I saw a small bird in silhouette (rainy & gloomy, couldn't see any color) that bobbed its tail up and down continuously while perched on a snag. It was about the size of a Brewer's Blackbird and had a long-ish tail (not as long as a Brewer's). I've seen Say's Phoebes do that in AZ and CA. Any other likely candidates?

Of course it flew before I could drag my scope out of the car.

Thank you!

Brenda Burnett

Seattle

beaknbird at hotmail dot com