[Tweeters] RFI: Maui birding and lodging

Vicki King vkbirder at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 08:37:38 PST 2013

After a week in a resort area on Maui with family, Jim and I will have
three days to look for birds. Besides the Nature Conservancy property
(Hosmer Forest), we have been recommended to Polipoli Springs State
Recreation area in the Kula Forest Reserve and Kealia Pond National
Wildlife Area near Kihei.

We would appreciate any additional recommendations for promising areas. We
would also welcome advice on affordable lodging of interesting character;
it would be fine if it is not on the water.

Please reply off-line and thank you,

Vicki King
Seattle