[Tweeters] Y-r Warbler back

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Mon Jan 14 11:40:30 PST 2013

Hi Tweeters -

A pileated is back for more suet today (here yesterday also). We also just spotted the Yellow Rumped Warbler again and I even got a photo! (Not a great one, but identifiable). Even with the little yellow spot on the head - and no, it isn't a golden crowned sparrow :)...

He's been a little opportunist - eating the suet from the pileated's peckings.

Robins eating sarcococca and still waiting for the cotoneaster to ripen - they have totally gleaned all berries from the branched I'd placed in the pots on the decks.

Caryn and Gene (birdspotter while I'm in the attic -credit where credit is due :)). Wow - Pileated is cleaning up on the ground after he dropped it!! Very good mannered birds!

Female pileated just showed up to the suet - the male on the fir!! Very exciting to see the pair! Got some photos too! Wish flickers were as calm as the pileated when the papparazi (peep-arazzi!). The yellow shafted is very difficult to get photos of!

Caryn / in Wild Wedgwood