[Tweeters] Golden Eagle, Cowlitz County

Jeffjendro at aol.com Jeffjendro at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 21:31:10 PST 2013

Yesterday I saw one mature Golden Eagle and three immature Bald Eagles.
Initially they were southeast of the Hoffstadt Creek Bridge on the Spirit
Lake Highway (State Rt. 504). The differences between the two species seen in
the same area made the id of the Golden Eagle quite easy. Saw both
species perched and flying. Also in the area was a large number of Common
Ravens. Both my wife and I detected a strong carrion smell in the area which was
probable cause of congregation of birds. We did not identify source of
smell or see there birds feeding. We flushed them from where they were perched
and followed them across the bridge where they again perched and we were
able to watch from the Bridge View overlook.

Jeff Jendro
Longview, WA
_jeffjenro at aol.com_ (mailto:jeffjenro at aol.com)