[Tweeters] Long-eared owl in Monroe

Filip Tkaczyk pathwithaheart at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:32:20 PST 2013

Spotted a LONG-EARED OWL (Asio otus) on a fence post at sunset (about 5:20) on Ben Howard Rd., about 1/4 mile east of Highway 203.

The owl was perched on a the fence facing south, sitting near the huge, dead big-leaf maple that is on the South side of the road, in a farm field where the road takes a sharp curve.

This could be same owl I observed multiple times last year, and the year before a few miles further down the same road. I was happy to see it return again. Seems to be mostly a winter time visitor.

I will keep any eye out for the next few weeks.

Filip Tkaczyk
Seattle, WA
mailto: pathwithaheart at hotmail.com