[Tweeters] Anna's hummer fights

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Fri Jan 18 12:50:53 PST 2013

I have seen this behavior in my own yard...forcing me to add more hummer
feeders to the yard to avoid the possibility of injury. The trick was to
place the feeders (all are half-cylinders suction-cupped onto windows) in
such a way that one male does not have a line-of-sight to more than one
feeder. I was only able to do this with two feeders; the females have to
wait for permission from the male(s) to feed, or at least that is the way
it appears to work in this yard.

As my mom used to say, "Dynamite comes in small packages!"

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores, Wa.
dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com