[Tweeters] Glorious sunny Snowy Owl day at Ocean Shores

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 20:24:43 PST 2013

I took my wife to look at Snowy Owls today. At Damon Point, we saw eight,
which is supposedly all that are there right now. Lots of people, beautiful
blue skies and a gorgeous ocean.

There was a good-sized flock of Canvasbacks on the inside of the point too.

Yesterday, I was told about a Snowy Owl in downtown Olympia, along Quince,
on a building. I looked for it close to dusk but didn't find it. It seems
that this year is at least as big an irruption year for Snowy Owls as last
year, at least from my narrow perspective.

Kelly McAllister