[Tweeters] who let the starlings out?

dbarber71 at comcast.net dbarber71 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 21 19:55:56 PST 2013

Before we moved to this condo, our house was in a wooded area. Generally, starlings would not come to our feeders. I assumed it was because they liked a more open area. Occasionally, however, one of them would get a sniff of our suet feeders and then they would come in droves. We would take down the feeders for a few days and they would quit coming. It would be several months before they returned.

The only exception to this was the one spring that we had a starling nest in one of the many holes we had in one of the decaying trees in our yard. That only happened one time.

David Barber

Vancouver, WA