[Tweeters] Saw-whet perched on wiperblade

Tim Stetter tstetter at PCE.UW.EDU
Thu Jan 24 22:33:53 PST 2013

Hi, Tweeters -

So I was leaving for work on my bike this morning, glanced up the street to check for traffic, and spotted something small and brown on the windshield of our neighbor's Jeep. I put down my bike, walked slowly up the sidewalk, and it turned out to be a Northern Saw-whet Owl, just sitting there on the windshield wiperblade. WOW!

Attached are two photos of this unbelievably cute bird perched in a totally unexpected spot.

Tim Stetter
Seattle, WA - Hawthorne Hills

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92568082@N03/