[Tweeters] Couple of birds for E. WA

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Fri Jan 25 17:14:57 PST 2013

Tweets – my wife and I are driving leisurely and in roundabout fashion out to Spokane.

This morning we stopped at the Cashmere (Chelan Co.) sewage treatment plant, and found the female LONG-TAILED DUCK that has been hanging out there this winter.

We had a GOLDEN EAGLE just at the top of the climb to the Waterville Plateau on US-2 in Douglas Co.

On Banks Lake, just a few miles south of Steamboat Rock SP, there was a mixed flock of mergansers with at least 50 RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS and a similar number of COMMON MERGANSERS. The flock had only mergansers – no scaup or goldeneyes or anything.

We cross-country skied Northrup Canyon from 2-4 p.m., in too-little snow for good skiing, and didn’t find much in the way of birds.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com