[Tweeters] New Guinea - Birds of Paradise

David Hutchinson flora.fauna at live.com
Sun Jan 27 13:42:44 PST 2013

Apologies, but have been out of town and slowly catching up. Ian Paulsen posted, in December, a list of his choices for best bird book of 2012. It was an excellent list. But if you have been to, or plan to go to New Guinea, are interested in bird art, or are fascinated by Birds of Paradise, then I would like to nominate the following 2012 title for his list. I think, because it was published first in the UK and naturally written by a pair of dissolute limeys, it has only recently surfaced. I hope that you enjoy looking at it, even through the medium of A--z-n. There have been several books on this subject but this is surely the best. Happy New Year, Dave

Attenborough,David & Erroll Fuller, Drawn from Paradise: The Natural History, Art and Discovery of the Birds of Paradise
With Rare Archival Art, Harper Collins, NY, 2012

--
David Hutchinson, Owner
Flora & Fauna: Nature Books