[Tweeters] Thick-billed Murre + Shorebirds @ Ediz Hook, Clallam County 01/27/2013

Vincent Lucas vincentlucas5 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:21:11 PST 2013

Bothell birders Bob Schmidt & his wife and I ventured out to Ediz Hook in
Port Angles, Clallam Co., today to get the Thick-billed Murre as a lifer
for them. We succeeded easily, finding the bird in the same area where it
was reported yesterday. While there, at least a dozen or so other birders
from far afield also got to see it. It was a lifer for most. Nothing
exceptional was seen on the "Hook" side but afterward, we went over to the
harbor side and found a nice assortment of shorebirds on the log boom off
of the parking area near the cafe. Among them were FOY Least Sandpiper,
Surfbird and Ruddy Turnstone. Other shorebirds seen were Black Turnstone,
Black-bellied Plover, Dunlin and Sanderling.

--
Vincent Lucas
Sequim, WA
vincentlucas5 at gmail.com