[Tweeters] Seattle, Sunset Park Snowy Owl 11/27

Ann Marie Wood annmariewood at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 10:28:05 PST 2013

Tweeters:

Yesterday a solitary Snowy Owl was seen nestled up to base of the chimney on the north side of the roof of a modern gray blue 2+ story house on 34th Ave NW. across from Sunset Park. The park is on the bluff overlooking Shilshole Marina in Ballard.

I spent 30 minutes searching and would have missed it entirely without the help of a couple in a Subaru with telltale bins and satisfied expressions. Sorry, I didn't get their names.

We were parked on the west side of 34th, facing south, looking to the SE, through the tall double trunk birch.

Nice bird, heavily barred, easy to miss from most other vantage points.

Ann Marie Wood
Mountlake Terrace,WA
annmariewood at comcast.net