[Tweeters] Mystery bird in Nevada

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 19:53:58 PDT 2014

I was hiking in the Mt. Rose Wilderness west of Reno, Nevada last Saturday, and saw a bird I cannot match to the pictures in my field guide.  Habitat: pine forest.  Size: sparrow or towhee.  Shape: flycatcher or mockingbird.  Color: upperparts only seen, yellowish-gray or grayish-yellow, with a black cap.  The cap might possibly have been shaped like the crest of a Myiarchus flycatcher.  The bird flew up out of a shrub and into a stand of trees where I lost sight of it.  Anyone know their Nevada birds?

Jason HernandezBremerton (nowhere near the sighting location)jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com