[Tweeters] Merlin revisiting nesting site: Echo Lake

Clare McLean clareishere at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:07:41 PDT 2014

Following up to yesterday's requests for Merlin sightings, I heard and saw one flying SW from 190th and Wallingford (Echo Lake/Shoreline) yesterday around 2 pm. (I'm not very familiar with the area or with Merlins, so for a brief second, I thought the call was from a deranged Killdeer.)
I then noticed a Cooper's Hawk on a very high snag; it hung out for at least 15 mins and endured a noisy and annoyed male Flicker who did some half-hearted bombing and then just settled on a nearby branch.
Clare McLeanSeattle, WAclareishere at hotmail.com