Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Dec 3 14:42:52 PST 2015

Tweets – We had wind and rain early, but both eased off a bit later. The disturbed weather kept the birds hidden and quiet, though, and even though conditions weren’t nearly as bad as I’d feared, the birding was pretty pathetic. For long stretches of the morning, it wasn’t just that we weren’t seeing anything new for the day – we weren’t seeing, or hearing, ANYTHING.

Highlights:

Cackling Goose Large flock (750+) took a LONG time to decide to land
Wood Duck Pair in slough near Dog Central. First since October
Northern Pintail Two, flyby, First of Fall
Green Heron Juvenile at Rowing Club pond again
Cooper’s Hawk East Meadow, juvenile
Western Gull One that looked good for Western, First of Fall
Pileated Woodpecker Flyby as we drove to Rowing Club
Northern Shrike Juvenile on soccer goals north of fields 7-8-9
American Pipit 1-2, East Meadow, with one landing in Dog Meadow
Purple Finch 2 in Oregon Ash at 2nd Dog Swim Beach, 2nd since October

I also went down last Monday morning, when the temperature at 7:00 was a delightful 23 degrees. Everything was covered in really thick frost. One of my first birds was a TOWNSEND’S WARBLER, only the 5th of the year, and first since August.

For today, just 47 species, which includes several seen only by one or two people.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com