[Tweeters] FREE (or donation if desired) BIRD BOXES

Anderson, Christopher D (DFW) Christopher.Anderson at dfw.wa.gov
Mon Dec 7 15:41:40 PST 2015

Hi Tweets,
WDFW had a very kind gentleman donate a number of bird nesting boxes for the holiday season.

Please come to the REGION 4 MILL CREEK office between 8 am to 5 pm to peruse.
Address is:
16018 Mill Creek Blvd.
Mill Creek, WA 98012
About 30 minutes north of Seattle.

Again - these are FREE but we would greatly appreciate any donations. ANY donations would go to the WDFW Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary and strictly the WDFW non-game fund for non-game management and efforts only.

We have mostly chickadee/wren boxes (quite a few of these), flicker, small owl, some squirrel, some wood duck. Put them up now...let them weather a bit over the winter!
I ask that these boxes not be resold as they are free from a kind donation to the state - but please do gift them to your friends and family!

Please maintain them properly and keep an eye out to manage against non-target species such as starlings or house sparrows.
Lots of guidance out there both on our website below, at your local Audubon chapter, or local bird and wildlife watching shop.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/projects/nestboxes/index.html

Good birding and Happy Holidays,
Chris

Chris Anderson
District Biologist
District 12, King County
WA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife - Region 4
16018 Mill Creek Blvd.
Mill Creek, WA 98012
425.775.1311, ext 111
Christopher.Anderson at dfw.wa.gov<mailto:Christopher.Anderson at dfw.wa.gov>
http://wdfw.wa.gov<http://wdfw.wa.gov/>
Want to attract more wildlife to your property?
Check out the WDFW Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary Program:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/backyard/