[Tweeters] Crow behavior

Michael Brown michael at flycatcherfile.com
Fri Dec 11 13:47:38 PST 2015

Just watched two crows outside the windows of my school's lunch room. One was squatting on the ground while the other used its bill to comb through its throat feathers. I don't know if it was looking for parasites or what, but I'd never witnessed it before. A little while later the behavior was repeated on the crown of the bird's head and on its neck. I'd be interested to know if this a well known behavior. Here's a link to a cell phone video. You may need to watch on a large screen.

https://flic.kr/p/C37XwA

Michael Brown
Puyallup, WA