[Tweeters] Brown Creeper still creeping / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sat Dec 12 11:19:47 PST 2015

Hi Tweeters,

11:11 and just enjoyed seeing "my" little Creeper working on a deep crevice near the base on one of my firs, then work it's way out of sight. I hadn't been able to look for them for the last
couple of days, but this makes me feel confident that they are becoming regulars! It's so great to catch sight of their white breast and follow their quick little trail over the bark - then they zip over to another tree and start over til they are out of sight. I've been trying out my bird calling - "tsiit, tsiit"...but guess I'm not as good as I am at calling Virginia Rails!

Looking at possible housing for them for the spring to hopefully entice them to think about nesting. I know, it's only December, but soon (ok, not til Feb.) the Anna's will be gathering fluff to nest but now I'm hoping these interesting little birds will think our garden is just right to raise a family.

OK...time to put up my bird tree - I need to find a Brown Creeper ornament now!

Stay dry out there!

Caryn / Wedgwood